Cleaning a Game Disc
Fingerprints, smudges, and other foreign material can interfere with a game disc being properly read by the gaming console. Please use the information on this page to properly clean a dirty Game Disc.
Important Notes (please read first):
- Use only: straight strokes when wiping the disc (do not use a circular motion).
- Use only: a clean, soft, cotton cloth (do not use paper towels, facial tissue, etc.).
- Use only: water (do not use soap or any other cleaning solution).
- Do NOT use: solvents such as: benzine, window cleaner, paint thinner, anti-static aerosol spray or abrasive cleaners.
- Do NOT use: machines designed to clean discs or remove scratches. These types of devices could damage the surface of the disc.
Properly cleaning a game disc:
- Dampen a portion of a clean, soft, cotton cloth, using only plain water.
- With the damp part of the cloth, use straight strokes and wipe the bottom of the disc (non-labeled side) from the inside rim to the outside rim.
- Using a dry part of the cloth, use straight strokes and wipe from the inside rim to the outside rim.
- After all of the water has been removed, let the disc sit for at least two minutes to completely dry before inserting it into the gaming console.
- Try to play the game to see if the problem has been resolved.
- If the problem has been resolved, be sure to properly take care of your game discs by storing them in their plastic cases in order to help prevent your discs from becoming dirty or scratched. Storing games in cases other than the ones they came in, or storing them outside their cases, may damage the disc.
- If the same problem continues, the cause is likely damage to the disc.
- Please call 1-916-987-5474 to discuss possible repair options.
-Back to Game Console Repairs
-Back to Services